Monday, May 23, 2011

Michelle’s Birthday Trip to The Farm and The Oaks on Seventh Tearoom

Every year, (at least for this last decade),  for my daughter Michelle’s birthday, we take a special trip to The Farm. Usually we go to a certain tearoom near there, but this year we decided to try The Oaks on Seventh. What a beautiful tearoom and wonderful food! We ordered three different sandwiches and split them between ourselves. My favorite was one with pears and provolone on grilled cinnamon bread:)

GEDC2997

 

GEDC2987

Uncle Eric and daughter Michelle

GEDC2988

See the little ad that says Love a good mystery? The tearoom is part of a Bed and Breakfast which hosts mystery weekends! We are thinking to stay there and participate in the fall!

After our wonderful brunch, we went to The Farm.  Many of my original herb plants came from there.

I love the way Gail has used puffy paints to make these little garden signs. She has just recently added the herbal usage to some of these signs. These pictures are from the Powder Room themed garden

The huge wisteria in the middle of the gardens, makes for a nice shady spot to relax in

The greenhouse has many different plants for sale

The checkerboard thyme garden is attractive

GEDC3016

Other themes such as Baby Bed, Mint Bed and Medicinal Garden were featured

Everywhere you look, these gardens are enchanting and beautiful:)

The shop has dried herbs, arrangements, linens, cooking herbal packages and more

I feel very blessed to have such a lovely, thoughtful, caring, intelligent daughter. xxx I love her so much and look forward each year to celebrating her birth, with her, in such a special way . Love you Michelle Elizabeth!! I know Uncle Eric feels the same way:)

Herbal and Honey Hugs to all who visit Comfrey Cottages xx

8 comments:

Rita M said...

You're blessed with such a lovely daughter,she looks a lot like you my friend!

I love the checkerboard thyme garden at The Farm and the shop look so nice!

Big hugs my sweet friend XXXXX
Rita

Comfrey Cottages said...

Thank you Rita! xxx I am very blessed:)
that checkerboard thyme garden is so beautiful! It is a a very nice place to visit and shop at. We have been coming here for Michelle's birthday for about the last ten years:)
big hugs to you my dearest friend! xxx I remember I still have to get some beeswax mailed out to you!!xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely day! I love the herbs planted in the sinks and bath, I so enjoy creative container gardening. The shop looks very magical too.
herbal hugs to you xxx

Rosemary said...

looks like places we would love to visit!

Cheryl said...

I came to you via Lucinda's blog and I am so pleased that I did.

I also have a daughter 'Michelle' who I also love to bits.

The herbal garden is very beautiful...I wish mine looked that way....mine is more wild, but I can still harvest them.

A bee keeper how wonderful. I adore bees and garden for them.
Bumbles are my special love......

*Ulrike* said...

Would love to go to the farm! It looks wonderful, and I'm sure I would have a great time!

Anke said...

I've tried to leave a comment several times, but for some strange reason, it wouldn't let me...
I looks like you had a wonderful time with your daughter! The food looks just delicious and the farm looks like a wonderful place to visit and shop.

Comfrey Cottages said...

I agree Lucinda, those unusual creative containers are just so cute!herbal hugs to you xx
Oh I know you would like to visit, "Rosemary" xxx Not as much as I would love to visit your tearoom and shop though! :)
So very nice to meet you Cherylxx Awww another well cherished Michelle! My home gardens are much wilder also! :) xxxx thank you for visiting!!xx
Ulrike, if you ever come this way we can sure go there! xx
Anke, I had another friend tell me she was having trouble commenting also... hmmm wonder if I can report that to blogger? I have never asked for technical support before.. maybe I better though. Thanks for letting me know hon xxx